What is a mission statement?
A mission statement is a short and concise description of what your business does and the values it holds. It’s a way for you to communicate your company’s goals, values, and vision.
First, think about what your business stands for. What do you want it to stand for?
For example, if you’re a social media marketing agency, but you also want to support small and new businesses and give back, then your mission statement might read something like: “We provide high-quality content marketing that generates leads for our customers while also supporting small businesses and new business owners.”
What are the elements of a mission statement?
There are four main elements of a mission statement: what you do, how you do it, who you do it for, and why you do it:
- What do you do? This is usually something like “provide high-quality health care” or “design stylish clothes.”
- How do you do it? This is often some sort of action verb that describes how your product or service is provided. For example: “We provide high-quality content marketing by providing personalized campaign plans based on each customer’s specific needs.”
A mission statement is a short, clear description of what your business does and why it exists. It’s a powerful tool that tells you, and everyone else who reads it, what your company is all about.
Your mission statement should be:
- Short. A good mission statement is usually only a few sentences long.
- Clear. Make sure every sentence in your mission statement makes sense and communicates something important about your business.
- Specific. A good mission statement focuses on one key idea—not a bunch of them!
A mission statement example from this site
At CeciliaElise.com we know that you instantly want to reach a larger audience. In order to do that, you have to rely on content marketing or advertising.
But content marketing is time-consuming and advertising is expensive, and both make you feel overwhelmed and confused.
I believe it shouldn’t be this way and am convinced that content creation and content marketing should be fun and rewarding!
With templates from CeciliaElise.com content-creation becomes fun, fast, and easy.
Cecilia Elise Wallin